The 10th IFIP Latin America Networking Conference 2018 (LANC 2018) is in cooperation with ACM SIGCOMM and will provide an international technical forum for experts from industry and academia everywhere in the world, but especially from the Latin American countries, to exchange ideas and present results of ongoing research in networking. LANC 2018 is organized jointly with CLEI (Centro Latinoamericano de Estudio em Informatica) 2018.
Contributions to the following topics are of specific interest, but are not limited to:
- Cloud and Fog computing
- Delay/Disruption-tolerant networks
- Green and Energy-efficient communications
- Internet based applications
- Low cost access networks
- Multimedia networking systems
- National ICT infrastructures for education
- Network and service management
- Network performance evaluation
- Network security
- Optical communications
- Peer-to-peer and overlay networks
- Protocol Optimizations
- Smart grid communications
- Quality of Service (QoS) and Quality of Experience (QoE) in communication systems
- Social Networking (online, mobile and pervasive)
- Software Defined Networks
- Wireless, mobile, ad-hoc, Vehicular and sensor networks
- Cyber-physical systems and Internet of things
- Dynamic spectrum management
- Implementation and experimental Testbeds
- Cognitive radio networking
- Cross layer design and optimization
Only original papers (written in English) not published or under review elsewhere can be submitted: full papers (up to 8 pages including references) and short papers (4 pages up to 1 additional page). Templates can be downloaded from the ACM website (https://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template). Papers should be uploaded electronically, ONLY in PDF format, to the JEMS website: https://jems.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=3038.
All submitted papers will have at least three reviews. Acceptance will be based on originality, quality, relevance and the practical value of the work.
All accepted papers will be published in the ACM Digital Library.